Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Remembering a pet (updated on April 4, 2011)


It's always hard to say goodbye to your pet. With me it was especially hard because my pet guinea pig, Flower Rose, died in my arms. She was old and I knew she was dying, but it still hurts. She was cremated and I put her ashes in one of my huge potted plants. A lot of people bury their pets in the back yard. We do not own our home, so if we move we leave any buried pets behind. With Flower's ashes in my potted plant, she will go wherever we go. And every time I look at the plant, I will think of her. I also created a scrapbook of all the photos I've taken of Flower. It's important to have a memento of your beloved pet, to honor their memory. Out of all the pets that we have raised (17 in all) I have only really gotten attached to four of them. They are: Flower Rose, my other guinea pig, Jack, and my little dogs, Norman and Petey. I was attached to our cat, Precious, also, but that was years ago. If you have ever had to say goodbye to a beloved pet, always know that your life was enriched greatly. Count yourself blessed.

2 comments:

Sheri Salatin said...

oh so sad. It is hard to lose our pets. As a young girl, my dog was hit by a car and died in my arms. It was traumatic and sad. I'm sorry for your loss.

Chaplain Debbie said...

Thank you, Sheri. She was very special to me. We have one more guinea pig left, Jack, and he is about the same age as Flower when she passed. Good thing dogs live longer. I don't know what I would do if anything happened to Norman and Petey.